Wednesday, December 10, 2014

North Pole mail collected at Sweetness_7

           Sweet_ness 7 Cafe, 212 Grant St., is bringing holiday joy to people of all ages on the West Side.
            The café once again has the North Pole mailbox, a green mailbox for kids to send letters to Santa Claus outside its doors.  If the kids include their address on the envelope with their letter to Santa Claus, he will respond to them.
            “I created this mailbox the first holiday season I was in business six years ago,” Prish Moran, café owner, said “I did it because I had three children and there was nothing like this for them. I'm a big fan of dreaming - and letters to Santa is an innocent exercise in wishing and hoping for children.”
            Sweet_ness 7 also keeps holiday stationery in the cafe for families not familiar with the mailbox so that they can participate.
            “It's all about old and simple pleasures from my own childhood,” Moran said. “I love tradition.” By Andrea Chevalier and Lucy Lopez